- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Raisin Flambe Recipe
|Light raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 65.7 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 32.7 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 11% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put the raisins in a saucepan and cover with water.
2) Bring the contents to a boil and then gently simmer for about 5 minutes.
3) Drain the raisins.
4) To the raisins, add ¼ cup of brandy, lemon peel, lemon juice and brown sugar. Mix well.
5) Cover the mixture and let it stand for a minimum of 1 hour.
6) When it is time to serve, transfer the raisin mixture to a blazer pan of s small chafing dish.
7) Over direct heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
8) Heat the remaining ¼ cup if brandy in a small saucepan and ignite it. Spoon all over the sauce.
9) Pour the raisin sauce all over chilled vanilla ice cream and serve right away. Makes a very good dessert dish.