- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Light Biscuits Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|1% low fat milk||1 Tablespoon (For Glazing)|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.18 g0.91%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.95 mg
Sodium 375.3 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet with oil or line it with waxed paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift and combine the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
4. Add the yogurt and stir with a fork to bind and make a soft dough.
5. turn out onto a flour dusted work surface and knead lightly.
6. Use a rolling pin to roll into ¼ inch thick sheet and cut out into 3 inch circles or squares.
7. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and brush with milk.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden and dry.
9. Remove and slide onto a wire rack to cool and harden.
10. Serve the biscuits with roast and gravy, with a dip or enjoy with tea or coffee.