- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Glazed Chicken Recipe
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||6|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast filets||6 (Or Portions)|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Wholegrain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||10 Fluid Ounce (300 Milliliter)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Long-grain rice||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Long grain rice||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh mint||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh mint sprigs||6 (To Garnish)|
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 188.9 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 44 g88.9%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 69.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the turmeric, mustard, orange juice and honey and pour the mixture over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until required.
3. Lift the chicken from the marinade and pat dry on kitchen paper. Reserve the marinade.
4. Heat the oil in a wide pan, add the chicken and saute until golden, turning once. Drain off any excess oil. Pour the marinade into the pan, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is tender.
5. Cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender, then drain well. Finely grate the orange rind and stir it into the rice with the mint.
6. Remove the white pith from the orange and cut the flesh into segments.
7. Serve the chicken with the orange and mint rice, garnished with orange segments and mint sprigs.