- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Fried Egg Custard Recipe
|Sesame seeds||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Sugar||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Water||625 Milliliter (2 1/2 Cups)|
|Cornstarch||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup, For Coating)|
|Oil||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Flour||250 Milliliter (1 Cups)|
|Cornstarch||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Water||330 Milliliter (1 1/3 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8890 Calories from Fat 6990
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 792 g1218.9%
Saturated Fat 105.2 g525.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 162.8 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 420 g139.9%
Dietary Fiber 15 g59.8%
Sugars 101.5 g
Protein 49 g98.7%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 67.9% Iron 126.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. To make egg custard mixture, combine flour, cornstarch and water in a mixing bowl. Blend well with a wire whisk. Slowly pour in beaten egg and whisk until smooth.
3. Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil, remove from heat and slowly pour in the custard mixture, stirring continuously with a whisk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously until mixture becomes elastic. Pour into a small square pan. Refrigerate until set, 4-6 hours.
4. Cut custard into 3/4" x 1" x 2" (2 cm x 2.5 cm x 5 cm) pieces. Coat pieces with cornstarch and return to refrigerator for 5 minutes. Keep coated custard in refrigerator until just before frying. Shake off loose starch before frying.
5. Heat 3 cups oil in wok over high heat. Deep fry coated custard pieces a few at a time until golden brown. Remove and drain well.
6. Roll custard pieces in sesame and sugar mixture to serve. Bite in!