- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Fried Catfish Recipe
|Catfish||6 Small, cleaned and dressed|
|Rising cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.8 mg
Sodium 1089.6 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 76 g151.7%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and season the catfish by sprinkling salt and pepper on it.
2) Take a paper bag and fill it with cornmeal.
3) Add the catfishes one by one to it and shake well coating them well.
4) Take a skillet and heat oil to 375°F.
5) Fry the coated catfishes in deep oil until they become golden brown.
6) Drain out the excess oil and serve hot.