- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Crispy French Toast Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slightly dry white bread slices||10|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.4 mg
Sodium 668.1 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.7% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pie plate add the eggs, sugar, salt and milk. Beat well. ( Sugar add the faint sweetness that helps brown the toast evening and richly)
2. Dip bread slices one at time, coating both sides of the bread evenly with the egg mixture. Allow the bread to soak on each side for a bit before turning over with a fork.
3. In a frying pan or heated griddle, line a layer of butter or margarine, place bread one by one to fry till golden on one side and browning on the other.
4. Serve with a dollop of fresh jam or marmalade.
5. Choose slightly dry bread, for it takes up the rich custard better