- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Cream Of Carrot Soup Recipe
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||3 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 941 Calories from Fat 568
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.9%
Saturated Fat 39.4 g197%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.2 mg58.1%
Sodium 4017.8 mg167.4%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.4%
Sugars 36.6 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 894.6% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 61.8% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the water, carrots, ½ teaspoon of Bon Appetit, 1 teaspoon of the seasoned stock base and lemon juice. Mix well.
2) Cook till the carrots are soft and the liquid is reduced to nearly 1 tablespoon.
3) Melt the butter and add flour and the remaining seasonings to it. Stir well till smooth.
4) Add the milk and gently simmer, stirring till the mixture is thickened.
5) Mash the carrots, puree them in a blender or put through a sieve.
6) Add the carrots to the milk mixture and stir well till blended. To achieve the desired consistency, add more milk or cream.
7) Serve the soup hot as an appetizer.