- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Chicken Wings Recipe Video
|Chicken wings||2 Pound (16 chicken wings)|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Yukon gold potatoes||6 Small, quartered|
|Onion||1 Large, diced into big chunks|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), roughly chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried chilies||5 Small|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||3 , chopped finely|
|Glass noodles||1 Pound|
|For the dressing|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1118 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg
Sodium 5146.3 mg214.4%
Total Carbohydrates 169 g56.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 62 g124.4%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 23.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken wings evenly both side.
2. Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add oil; swirl to coat and heat. Place chicken on pan and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown both side, turning after 5minutes. Remove from pan set aside.
3. In same pan add potato cook 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning after 2 minutes.
4. Add onion and garlic cook additional 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Bring back chicken to pan then add chicken stock and add the rice wine, soy sauce, dark brown sugar and dried chilies.
6. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cover, simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Combine corn starch and cold water until smooth; add to the chicken wings. Stir and cook until juices are thickened and clear.
8. For the glass noodles: Cook glass noodles according to package directions, drain well, and set aside. If it is too long then cut with scissors.
9. Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper and honey. Toss and set aside.
10. Place noodles on bottom of a serving dish; pour chicken mixture right on the top of noodles, so noodles can absorb juices.
11. Sprinkle with chopped green onion. Serve warm.