- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Carrot Lemon Squares Recipe
|Melted margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cooked mashed carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5384 Calories from Fat 1762
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 199 g306.4%
Saturated Fat 39.9 g199.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 845.9 mg
Sodium 852.5 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 854 g284.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.6%
Sugars 637 g
Protein 54 g108.4%
Vitamin A 958.4% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 62.2% Iron 94.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a large mixing bowl and mix together margarine and sugar in it.
3) Add one egg at a time to this mixture and beat well after each addition.
4) Beat in carrots, flour, and baking powder for 1 minute.
5) Further stir in 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract and vanilla.
6) Take a greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan and spoon the mixture into it, spreading to edges.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes and allow cooling.
8) For the glaze, mix powdered sugar, water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract and stir until smooth and pour over cooled cake.
9) Set aside until glaze is firm.
10) Serve after cutting into squares.