- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Butter Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter stick/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
Calories 1161 Calories from Fat 385
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.4%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.9 mg
Sodium 566.8 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 87.7 g
Protein 21 g42.9%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 42% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed, 3 minutes. (Finish mixing cake by hand.)
4. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition until batter is smooth. Pour into prepared pans.
5. Bake in a moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until centers of layers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool layers in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen around edges with knife; turn out onto wire racks; cool completely.
7. Put layers together with chocolate butter cream frosting, burnt sugar frosting, or any frosting you prefer.