- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Oven-Baked Mini Reubens Recipe Video
|Rye bread slices||24 (cocktail rye bread)|
|Thousand island dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more)|
|Cooked corned beef slices||24 (slices to fit the bread)|
|Swiss cheese||8 Ounce, sliced into 24 slices to fit the bread|
|Sauerkraut||14 1⁄2 Ounce, well drained and shredded|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.1 mg
Sodium 1204.1 mg50.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 21 g41.8%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. Grease a large shallow baking pan with butter and set aside.
3. Also, grease the back side of a matching baking pan.
4. To assemble spread dressing on one side of two bread pieces and top with a slice of Swiss cheese followed by a slice of corned beef.
5. Place a small amount of drained sauerkraut on one of the prepared sandwich halves and put the two halves together.
6. Place it on the greased baking pan and repeat the process for the remaining slices of bread.
7. Now, place the other baking pan, buttered side down, on top of the assembled bread pieces and press well.
8. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and the bread is nice and golden.
9. Remove from oven and serve hot.