- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Autumn Soup Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Leeks||2 , chopped (White Part Only)|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled and diced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced or diced|
|Squash||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced for 1/2" cubes|
|Chicken stock/Broth||3 Cup (48 tbs), well seasoned|
|Light cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Ounce (Optional)|
|Fresh chives/Green onions /carrots - grated||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 874 Calories from Fat 614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.5%
Saturated Fat 42.8 g213.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.5 mg
Sodium 469.3 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 14 g27.5%
Vitamin A 190.1% Vitamin C 86.2%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy pot, melt butter and cook onion and leeks until soft but not brown.
2. Add potato, carrots and squash and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes.
3. Adding stock cover and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. In a food processor or blender puree until very smooth and return to saucepan.
5. Stir in cream to desired consistency and add wine if desired.
6. Heat slowly until very hot without letting it to boil.
7. Taste and season with salt and pepper and serve with garnish.