- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Golden Apricot Sauce Recipe
|Apricot halves||30 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.3 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 252 g84.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.5%
Sugars 233.9 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 330.1% Vitamin C 193.4%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the apricots and reserve ½ cup of the syrup.
2) Cut up the apricots and stir them into the reserved syrup, along with the orange juice, sugar and a dash of salt.
3) Simmer the mixture gently for about 10 minutes, constantly stirring.
4) Stir in the extract and chill the sauce.
5) Serve the chilled sauce over ice cream. Can also be used as a topping for other desserts.