- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gold and Silver Omelette Recipe
|Eggs||6 , separate whites from yolks|
|Chinese vermicelli||8 Gram (Shiny)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), first pressing|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Green ginger||1 Inch|
|Turmeric root||1 Inch|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 158.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 32.4 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak vermicelli in warm water for sometime.
2) Arrange rempah and fry gently in oil until it emits scent.
3) Mix it to the coconut cream and simmer until thickened.
4) In a hot omelette pan on medium heat, cook the eggs.
5) Beat the yolks and the whites individually with 1/4 cup water each.
6) Pour in yolk mixture and cook until set.
7) Then add the white mixture in separate layers.
8) Prepare the second layer under heated grill and cook for two minutes.
9) When layers are set and the top browned, stir in coconut sauce, gently lifting edges of the omelette to allow the sauce reach the base of the pan.
10) Gently add vermicelli and cook, with regular additions of sauce, until vermicelli is hot. 11) The omelette should be aromatic and crispier at the edges.
12) Pass with wedges or rolled up.
13) Garnish with coriander leaves.