- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gol Kalam, Khoresht Gol Kalam Cauliflower Stew Recipe Video
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, cut into floret|
|Stew beef||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|White onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste (Advieh)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.1 mg3%
Sodium 414.7 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 177.4%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small pot fry the onions with 2 tablespoon vegetable oil until translucent.
2. Add the Stew beef to the pot, stir and continue frying until the beef becomes brown.
3. Put turmeric and salt, stir and continue frying for 2 more minutes.
4. Pour in enough boiling water to the pot to cover the mixture by 2 inches (Approx. 1.5 cup Boiling water).
5. Cover the pot with the lid and simmer it for 75 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in another pan fry the cauliflowers with 2 tablespoon vegetable oil.
7. Add 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice to the pan.
8. Put ground chili pepper and salt. Add tomato paste to the pot and mix well.
9. Transfer the beef mixture to the cauliflower's pot, mix thoroughly and add boiling water until it covers the mixture.
10. Cover the pot with the lid and continue cooking for 15 minutes at low heat.
11. In a serving plate, serve the stew with rice and bread.