- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Goat Cheese Torta Recipe
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened|
|Goat cheese||8 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Snipped oregano/1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Pesto||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), prepared|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packed In Oil)|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Oregano/Parsley sprig||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 409
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.6%
Saturated Fat 25 g124.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.8 mg
Sodium 552.3 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 18 g35.9%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 44.8% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line a clear plastic wrap on a souffle pan or a 1-quart loaf pan.
2) In a large mixer bowl or food processor, mix together cream cheese, garlic, goat cheese, pepper and oregano.
3) Blend to a smooth mixture.
4) Spread a third of the mixture in the pan’s bottom.
5) Add a pesto topping, spreading it evenly.
6) With another one-third of the mixture create another layer.
7) Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and set aside one tomato for garnishing.
8) Chop the rest of the tomatoes.
9) Spread the chopped sun-dried tomatoes evenly on the pan mixture.
10) Add a topping of the rest of the cheese mixture.
11) Cover with a plastic wrap and gently press for packing the cheese.
12) Chill for several hours.
13) Remove the cover from the cheese.
14) Take a serving plate and invert the cheese onto it.
15) Slice the reserved sun-dried tomato thinly.
16) Garnish the torta with thin sun-dried tomato slices, fresh parsley or oregano and toasted almonds.
17) Serve the dish accompanied by thin baguette slices or stone ground wheat crackers.