- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gnudi with Gluten Free Mama's Flour Blend Recipe Video
|Whole milk ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh spinach||2 Bunch (200 gm), sauteed and chopped (or 1 pound frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry)|
|Parmesan||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly grounded|
|Xanthan gum||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Gluten free flour blend||6 Tablespoon (Mama's Flour Blend used)|
|Gluten free flour blend||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for dusting)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.6 mg
Sodium 1523.3 mg63.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 105.9% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 52.4% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, boil water and add in the salt.
2. In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and yolks.
3. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in the xanthan gum and six tablespoons of Gluten Free Mama's Flour Blend. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and place in refrigerator to chill for 20-30 minutes.
4. Take out the mixture from the fridge and make small balls. Dredge the formed gnudi in flour to coat, tapping off the excess.
5. Slide formed gnudi into the boiling water in small batches. Cook for 4 minutes until gnudi starts to float on the surface. Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon.
6. Arrange gnudi on a platter and drizzle with marinara sauce for serving. Garnish with Parmesan if desired and serve.