- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gnocchi Parisienne Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Natural swiss cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Natural swiss cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Natural swiss cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.4%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g117.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.3 mg
Sodium 582.3 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To Make Gnocchi:
1. In medium saucepan, combine 1 cup water, 1/2 cup butter and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to boiling.
2. Remove from heat.
3. With wooden spoon, beat in 1 cup flour.
4. Over low heat, beat mixture until it leaves side of pan and forms a ball—1 to 2 minutes and remove from heat.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with electric mixer or wooden spoon after each addition until well blended and continue beating until dough is shiny and satiny.
6. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese and the mustard until well blended.
7. In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 2 quarts lightly salted water to boiling.
8. Reduce heat so water is below boiling point.
9. With heated teaspoon (dip spoon into simmering water), remove 1 teaspoon dough and then, with another heated spoon, slide dough into simmering water.
10. Cook about one fourth of dough at a time.
11. Simmer uncovered 10 to 12 minutes until gnocchi are firm and rise to surface.
12. Remove with slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels.
13. Repeat until all dough is used.
14. Arrange, in single layer, in shallow baking dish and set aside.
To Make Sauce:
15. In small saucepan, melt 1-1/2 tablespoons butter and remove from heat.
16. Stir in flour, salt and cayenne until smooth.
17. Gradually stir in cream and bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
18. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
19. Add 3 tablespoons cheese, stirring until melted.
20. Pour sauce over gnocchi and sprinkle with cheese and dot with butter.
21. Broil, about 4 inches from heat, about 5 minutes or until top is golden-brown.
22. Serve Gnocchi Parisienne with garnish as desired.