- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Gnocchi Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||4 Large, boiled and drained with skin|
|Pepper||2 Pinch, freshly milled (to taste)|
|Nutmeg||2 Pinch, grated|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red chili pepper||1 (1 cube, Dorot brand)|
|Sage||4 Small (leaves)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 873 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.2 mg
Sodium 1275.5 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.4%
Dietary Fiber 33.3 g133.3%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 92% Vitamin C 77.4%
Calcium 136.8% Iron 137.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place each potato between a ricer and press to get finely mashed potatoes on a clean working surface.
2. Make a well in the middle of the riced potato and crack an egg there.
3. Beat the egg a little, add salt and a pinch of grated nutmeg and mix with the potato.
4. Sprinkle flour generously and work to mix it with the potato and egg mixture to get a fairly firm dough.
5. Roll into long sausages and dice each.
6. In a pan melt butter and add sage and hazelnuts.
7. In a saucepan boil water with salt and add the potato Gnocchi and cook for about 20 seconds.
8. Add the potato Gnocchi into the butter mixture in the pan.
9. Add dorot chili pepper cube, parmesan cheese fresh black pepper and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
10. Serve on a plate and accompany a glass of wine.