- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glutinous Italian Beef and Tomato Spaghetti Sauce Alla Bolognese Recipe
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (90 Gram)|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Italian olive oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Ham||1⁄4 Pound, sliced, finely chopped (115 Gram)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scraped and finely chopped|
|Celery stick with leaves||2 , finely chopped|
|Yellow onions||3 Medium, peeled and finely chopped|
|Lean beef||1 Pound, chopped or ground (Preferably Chuck Or Bottom Round, 450 Gram)|
|Canned italian peeled plum tomatoes||28 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 780 Gram)|
|Canned italian tomato paste||12 Ounce (2 Cans, 170 Gram / 6 Ounce Each)|
|Italian tomato paste||12 Ounce (2 Cans, 6 Ounce / 170 Gram Each)|
|Italian red wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Preferably Chianti, 3.75 Deciliter)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and finely minced|
|Wild mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce, dried, broken up, but not soaked (14 Gram)|
|Dried wild mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce, broken up (14 Gram, But Not Soaked)|
|Seedless golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (115 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||80 Milliliter, coarsely grated (1/3 Cup)|
|Fresh basil leaves/2 tsp dried basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Meat extract||1 Teaspoon (Perhaps Bovril)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Nutmeg||1 , 2 grinds, freshly ground|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, 2 grinds|
|Fresh parsley leaves||80 Milliliter, chopped (1/3 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4306 Calories from Fat 1957
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 222 g342%
Saturated Fat 99.5 g497.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1299.2 mg
Sodium 4630.4 mg192.9%
Total Carbohydrates 303 g101%
Dietary Fiber 63.9 g255.7%
Sugars 153 g
Protein 235 g469.9%
Vitamin A 1395.5% Vitamin C 661%
Calcium 218.3% Iron 343.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 6 quarts pressure cooker, without its base rack, saute the chicken livers in 2 tablespoons of the melted butter over a medium-high heat until they are just stiff.
2) Remove the chicken livers with a slotted spoon, coarsely chop and keep aside.
3) In the pressure cooker, saute the ham in until browned.
4) Stir in the carrot, celery and onion, saute until golden.
5) Stir in the beef, break up with a wooden spoon and cook, until it is slightly browned.
6) Stir in the chopped chicken livers, saute for a few minutes.
7) Stir in the tomatoes and 1 can of tomato paste diluted with the red wine.
8) Stir in the garlic, mushrooms, raisins, grated Parmesan, basil, oregano and meat extract individually.
9) Mix thoroughly, taste and add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
10) Bring to a boil, place the lid, bring up the pressure to 15 pounds and cook for 15 minutes.
11) Then turn off the heat and lower the pressure immediately.
12) Stir in the parsley and 4 tablespoons butter.
13) Then adjust the consistency of the sauce with red wine or tomato paste.
14) Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately over hot cooked lightly butter-tossed lasagna, spaghetti or tagliatelli.