- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Eggplant Noodles Recipe Video
|Eggplants||2 Medium, slice (lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices)|
|Kosher salt||1 Dash|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, chopped|
|Vermouth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted red bell peppers||1 Medium, chop|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced thinly|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled|
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.4 mg
Sodium 311 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.4%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 40.8% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge sauté pan
1. Prepare paper towel lined 3 baking sheet.
2. Place the sliced eggplants on paper towel forming a single layer.
3. Season both the sides with kosher salt; allow it to seat for 30 minutes.
4. Place the eggplants in a colander and rinse with cold water.
5. Place it back in a new baking sheet, place a paper towel and pat them dry.
6. Once done cut the eggplants lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.
7. In a large cold sauté pan pour olive oil and add the garlic red pepper flakes.
8. Turn on the heat and add tomatoes, vermouth, heavy cream, roasted red pepper.
9. Sprinkle chopped basil and feta cheese.
10. Serve Mediterranean Eggplant Noodles hot.