- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten Free Vegan Oat Cookies: Meatless Monday Earth Day Recipe Video
|Vegan butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), softened|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground flax seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (gluten free)|
|Old fashioned oats||2 Cup (32 tbs) (gluten free)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegan chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.05 mg
Sodium 138.2 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with silpat and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in the vegan butter and sugar. Cream together with hand mixer, for 2 – 3 minutes, in between scrape down the mixture.
3. Add in the flax seeds and mix again. Followed by vanilla extract and keep mixing the batter.
4. In a medium bowl, add in the flour, oats, cinnamon and baking soda. Whisk well and stir in the mixture to the batter and mix.
5. Add in the vegan chocolate chips and stir to thoroughly combine.
6. Using a 2 tablespoon measure, place cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Serve oat cookies with milk.