- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten-free Slow Cooker Baked Pasta Recipe Video
|Dry pasta||1 Pound (penne preferred)|
|Marinara sauce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Low fat mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 895 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.9 mg31.3%
Sodium 2360.4 mg98.4%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.9%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 37.3% Vitamin C 16.2%
Calcium 80.6% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Spray the ceramic insert of your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
2. Stir together the ricotta, pecorino Romano cheese, egg, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add 1/3 of the pasta with 1/3 of the sauce and stir to get them combined.
4. Dollop 1/2 the ricotta mixture in an even layer and sprinkle on 1/3 of the mozzarella.
5. Repeat by layering in 1/3 of the pasta, then 1/3 of the sauce, the remaining half of the ricotta mixture and 1/3 of the mozzarella.
6. For the final layer, add the remaining third of the pasta, with the remaining sauce and mozzarella sprinkled on top.
7. Pour the chicken or beef stock over the top aiming mainly towards the edges then cover and cook on high for 30 minutes then low for 2 to 3 hours or until the pasta looks cooked. Mine was fully done in 3 hours. Turn off the slow cooker and let it stand for at least a half an hour to set, then served with additional sauce and grated cheese
8. Serve hot