- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten Free Recipes - Holiday Apple Flan from Kimberly's Kitchen Recipe Video
|Gluten free flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||3 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 Large, lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking apples||5 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.6 mg
Sodium 659.9 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 81.4 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine gluten free flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; mix well so that the tart rises evenly.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine 2 beaten eggs, milk and vanilla; whisk well.
4. Add vegetable oil and re-whisk.
5. Combine the wet and dry mixtures together; mix well until consistency is creamy without any lumps.
6. Add the apple slices and mix gently not to break the thin apple slices; continue mixing until all slices are evenly coated.
7. Spray a 9 inch springform cooking pan with non stick cooking spray amking sure to spray all the sides as well.
8. Gently spoon the apple mixture into your pan making sure the bottom is covered.
9. Place the flan in the center of the oven and bake for 25 minutes until the flan is firm and golden.
10. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the remaining egg, melted butter and remaining sugar; mix together vigorously until the mixture is very slimy.
11. Once the flan is ready, very gently spoon the egg, sugar and butter mixture over it.
12. Make sure to cover it all over the edges.
13. Then, return the flan to the oven and bake for about another 10 minutes until the flan is golden brown in color.
14. Remove the flan from the oven and gently place it over the baking rack.
15. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
16. Using a butter knife gently cut the edges to separate the flan from the pan.
17. Next, remove the side edges from your springform pan.
18. Serve the flan in pie pieces with ice cream or icing sugar on top.