- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten Free Gnocchi Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||4 Large, baked (about 1 pound)|
|Egg yolk||4 Large|
|Pecorino cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Roasted garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Ricotta cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Gluten-free flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (rice flour mixed with tapioca flour.)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh sage||2 Tablespoon (about 1 handful)|
Calories 777 Calories from Fat 485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.6%
Saturated Fat 32.8 g164%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.3 mg105.4%
Sodium 254.6 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 53.1% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the baked potatoes and add to a ricer or food mill. Rice the potatoes and turn into a bowl.
2. Add the egg yolks and blend well.
3. Add roasted garlic, herbs and cheeses, salt and chili flakes. Using your hand work into a smooth dough. Taste.
4. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the flour and knead. Once dough starts to come together, add a another 1/3 of it and work again. Use hands to knead into a shaggy mass. If dough is too sticky, sprinklea over more flour until dough feels dry to the touch.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
6. On a gluten-free flour dusted surface, divide dough into 6 wedges. Roll each wedge into a 1/2 inch thick rope. Using a pastry scraper or a dull knife, cut rope into 1/2 inch pieces, keeping pieces separate by dusting with more gluten-free flour.
7. In a large pan melt the butter and add the garlic and sage. Fry and lightly brown the butter.
8. In the meantime, drop gnocchi into boiling water, about 30 pieces at a time, and cook until they float, about 40 seconds.
9. Drain gnocchi and add to the butter. Toss to coat. It is fine to have a little cooking water fall into the pan. It helps to make the sauce.
10. Divide gnocchi among plates and top with additional cheese or herbs if you like.