- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cake Recipe Video
|Gluten-free vanilla cake mix||14 Ounce|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon (McCormick)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (McCormick)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon (McCormick)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (wegmans)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Vitamin D milk)|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.3 mg
Sodium 400.5 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 27.2 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 0.81%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixer bowl, place together cake mix, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, molasses, maple syrup and melted butter, and mix until crumbly.
3. Put in the egg and mix until well combined.
4. Add ½ of the milk and scrape the bowl, and add in remaining milk and mix well until smooth.
5. In a mould, put the cake mixture about ¾ full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
6. Remove the mould from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Turn out the cake over a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
8. Cut and serve as desired.