- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole Recipe Video
|Green beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), trimmed (or use frozen and skip the blanching step)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Shallot||2 , thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cremini mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced about 1/8 inch thick|
|Greek yogurt/Soy yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg
Sodium 177.1 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 4% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan bring water to boil add in the, blanch fresh beans for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. In a non-stick skillet add in 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add in the shallots and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove shallots to small bowl. In a bowl whisk together stock and corn-starch.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over high heat; add in the mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, for 6 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low, add in the shallots; then whisk in stock mixture. Cook until thick, for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt, salt, and pepper. Add in the beans and toss.
7. Serve Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole with garlic bread and enjoy!