- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Cashew Curry Recipe Video
|Cashew curry magic meal mix||158 Gram (1 packet)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Vegan butter||1 Tablespoon (or add neither and opt for fat-free) (Optional)|
|Whole organic chicken||1 Pound (1/2 whole)|
|Carrot||2 Large, cut in half|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
Calories 717 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.5%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.2 mg
Sodium 419 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 45 g89.3%
Vitamin A 260.3% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large casserole, and put cashew curry mix in it.
2. Pour water in the casserole, and then add butter. Mix it well.
3. Insert the chicken piece and turn to coat it with the mixture.
4. Place carrot and onion pieces in it. Give it a light stir.
5. Cover the casserole, place it in the oven, and allow it to cook for 40-50 minutes.
6. Then, open the lid, and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the top becomes brown.
7. Take it out of the oven; sprinkle some extra juice on top.
8. Serve Cashew Curry Dinner hot with organic rice or whole wheat flat bread.
Instead of plain butter you can use vegan or any fat-free butter.
You can also use vegetables like pepper, squash, cauliflower, yam, and mushroom.
If you are a vegetarian then you can always skip chicken, and add more vegetables to the dish.