- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten Free Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Video
|Gluten free bisquick||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, cold and diced|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Powder sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 889 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.3%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g102.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 244.1 mg
Sodium 847.7 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.4%
Sugars 75.7 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 128.9%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Line the pan a parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl stir together the gluten free Bisquick, cocoa and sugar until it’s well combined.
4. Add the cold butter mix the mixture until a texture resembling coarse crumbs, set it aside.
5. In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla until well combined.
6. Pour milk mixture into dry mixture, mix until a soft dough is formed.
7. Drop six large dollops onto the baking sheet.
8. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar, bake 13 minutes.
9. When done let it cool on the pan for a minute, remove them with a spatula onto a baking rack to cool completely.
10. Using a serrated knife cut the scones, top with the berries and some whipped cream.
11. Serve Gluten Free Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.
If you’re not following a gluten free diet you can substitute the gluten free Bisquick with 1 ½ c flour, 1 ½ tsp. baking powder, ¼ tsp. salt. For a more decadent scone you could substitute half- and- half or heavy cream for the milk.