- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrots||6 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||6 Medium, chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Onion||3 Medium (1 chopped and 2 halved)|
|Bay leaf||2 Medium|
|Chicken breast||3 Medium, diced|
|Rice noodles||150 Gram (or 1 packet)|
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.5 mg
Sodium 339.9 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 25 g49.1%
Vitamin A 312.1% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 11% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot over medium high heat, heat the olive oil, and saute yellow onion, carrots and celery.
2. Add in about 1 teaspoon of salt and stir to mix.
3. Allow the vegetable to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they start to caramelize.
4. Pour in the water add in chopped and halved onions and bring the stock to a boil.
5. Simmer the stock for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Add in the chicken and noodles, and allow to cook for 12 minutes.
7. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
8. Serve the Gluten-free Chicken Noodle Soup hot.