- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten-Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
|Broccoli||1 1⁄2 Pound, washed and trimmed|
|Yellow onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chicken broth/Vegetable broth||7 Cup (112 tbs), divided (Gluten Free)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Rice flour/Gluten-free flour blend||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon (Gluten Free)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2342 Calories from Fat 1305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.2%
Saturated Fat 83.6 g418.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 383.9 mg
Sodium 6563.5 mg273.5%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58.1%
Dietary Fiber 30 g119.9%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 100 g200.6%
Vitamin A 181.8% Vitamin C 1015.9%
Calcium 228.2% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut remaining broccoli, including stalks, into small pieces. Place in a large saucepan or stockpot.
3. Add onions and 3 tablespoons of butter to saucepan. Sauté over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Add 3 cups of the broth and oregano to the saucepan; simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Carefully process hot mixture in batches in a blender until smooth, or use an immersion blender inside the pot to process soup; then remove soup from pot.
5. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the large pan or pot. Stir in gluten-free flour and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper.
6. Gradually add processed mixture and remaining 4 cups of broth. Continue to cook while stirring until mixture begins to bubble.
7. Add milk and cheese. Stir until smooth and cheese is melted. Add remaining broccoli florets and heat through. If desired, top with additional shredded cheese when serving.