- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Healthy Breakfast Food Cookie Recipe Video
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened (1 1/2 sticks used)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour/Gluten free bisquick||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Gluten free oats used)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), cut into small pieces|
Calories 389 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 181.5 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 0.37%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. An ungreased cookie sheet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C.
2. Either using a mixer or by beating it by hand, cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and continue to mix.
5. Add the oats, walnuts, chocolate chips, cranberries, raisins, and apricots, then mix until everything is evenly distributed.
6. Spoon potions of the cookie dough using a rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (You may also roll them like a meatball and flatten them slightly, using your hands)
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 - 14 minutes, then remove them from the baking sheet with a spatula and cool them on a wire rack or over some paper towels.
8. Serve and enjoy!
If you are following a gluten free diet you can replace the (flour, baking soda, and salt) with 1 1/4 cups of gluten free Bisquick instead.
Alternately you could replace just the flour with gluten free all purpose flour.
Also be sure to use rolled oats that are certified gluten free.
These cookies can also be made as bar cookies by pressing the dough into a 13 x 9 inch pan then baking for 35 minutes.