- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten-Free Applesauce Spiced Coffee Cake Recipe Video
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), firmly packed|
|Applesauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Greek yogurt||7 Ounce|
|Apple pie spice||2 Teaspoon (1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves)|
|Pure vanilla||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple||1 Medium, peeled and finely grated|
|Confectioner s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.2 mg
Sodium 69.1 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 143.3 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C) and grease a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl large bowl whisk the eggs and brown sugar together until well combined then add the apple sauce, Greek yogurt, melted butter, apple pie spice, and vanilla and whisk until everything is well combined.
3. Add the Bisquick and switch over to a rubber spatula. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together until they’re well combined then stir in the grated apple.
4. Spread the cake evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan and bake it on the center rack of your preheated oven for 50 to 55 or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I baked mine for 53 minutes. Cool the cake completely before glazing.
5. To make the glaze, stir all of the glaze ingredients together until smooth. Start off with one tablespoon of the liquid, and add by additional 1/2 tablespoonfuls until you’ve reached the desired consistency. Use a fork or a spoon to drizzle the glaze on the cake until you have the coverage you’d like.
6. Allow the glaze to dry for a few hours then serve warm