- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glogg-Hot Swedish Christmas Punch Recipe
|Brandy||1⁄4 Gallon (1 Fifth)|
|Seeded raisins||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Blanched almonds||1 Pound|
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 0.89 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.3 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.87%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the cardamom pod into a small mortar and lightly crush the seeds with a pestle
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the alcohols with the spices, raisins and almonds.
3. Place on a very low flame and heat slowly to steaming point without boiling or simmering.
4. Pour into a punch bowl.
5. Standing away and keeping all inflammable substances away, carefully touch a lit match to the concoction.
6. Let the punch burn a minute or so until the flame changes to a blue.
7. Serve ladles into punch glasses with a platter of thinly sliced fruit breads, Swedish cookies or pound cake placed at the table.
The concoction can be made the night before but should be kept in a tightly-lidded container.
However add the almonds on before heating time to prevent them from discoloring in the wine.