- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Globe Artichokes with Yogurt Dressing Recipe
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||150 Milliliter|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and finely chopped|
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg1.6%
Sodium 251.6 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 75.8%
Calcium 12% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Chill the yogurt dressing very thoroughly.
3. Trim off the stem from the base of each globe artichoke. Cut off the top of each artichoke about 2 cm (3/4 inch) down.
4. Rub the cut surfaces of the artichoke with the derinded 1/2 lemon.
5. Lower the prepared globe artichokes into a large pan of boiling water; bring back to the boil, and cook covered for about 30 minutes, until the artichokes are tender. (Pull off one leaf; nibble the end and if it is tender then the artichoke is cooked.)
6. Leave the artichokes upside-down on a clean tea towel until thoroughly drained.
7. Stand each artichoke upright on a small serving plate, and serve the chilled yogurt dressing in a separate bowl.