- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Globe Artichokes with Whipped Butter Recipe
|For the whipped butter|
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 237 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim and soak the artichokes in cold salted water for 1 hour, cut off the tops and bases, then snip off the tips of all the leaves around the sides.
2) In a bowl with cold water, add the lemon juice or vinegar, then place each of the prepared artichokes.
3) In a large pan with the salted boiling water, add a little lemon juice or vinegar, then gently simmer the prepared artichokes for about 25-30 minutes until tender.
4) Remove the artichokes with a perforated spoon, drain them upside down and pull out the the choke when the artichokes are slightly cool.
5) In a bowl, cream the butter to soften with an electric hand mixer and then beat in the hot water the butter is light and creamy.
6) Beat in the lemon juice and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
7) Place the artichokes on a serving plate and serve immediately with a bowl of whipped butter to spoon into the centre of the warm artichoke.