- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Ham Loaf Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced ham||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fruits||8 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112 mg
Sodium 204.1 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In large bowl, combine milk, egg, catsup, mustard and pepper and beat until well blended.
3. Stir in bread crumbs and let mixture stand several minutes.
4. Mix well adding ham, veal, onion and parsley.
5. In shallow baking pan, shape meat into loaf about 8 inches long and 4 inches wide.
6. Bake ham loaf, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
To make Fruit Glaze:
7. Into a small saucepan drain syrup from fruit and bring it to boiling adding brown sugar and vinegar stirring.
8. Add fruit reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Remove saucepan from heat.
10. Remove ham loaf from oven.
11. Pour glaze over loaf, arranging the fruit attractively on top.
12. Bake ham loaf 30 minutes longer.
13. With wide spatula, remove ham loaf to a warm platter.
14. Over top of the loaf spoon glaze from pan.
15. Serve with cabbage wedges, if desired and pass Mustard Sauce separately.