- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Ham & Squash Recipe
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Acorn squash||1 1⁄2|
|Fully cooked center cut ham||8 Ounce (1 Inch Thick)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1763 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 116.2 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g118.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.2%
Sugars 181.3 g
Protein 56 g112.6%
Vitamin A 94.2% Vitamin C 276.2%
Calcium 45.1% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place whole squash in an 8-inch-square baking dish. Microwave at 100% (high) 2 minutes.
3. Pierce squash in several places with a large fork; turn squash over. Microwave at 100% (high) 5 to 6 minutes or until tender, turning squash after 2 to 3 minutes. Slice squash into 1/2-inch rings; discard seeds. Set squash aside.
4. Slash fat edges of ham at 1-inch intervals to prevent curling during cooking. Place ham in same baking dish. Pour orange juice over ham; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave at 100% (high) 3 minutes.
5. Turn ham slice over. Microwave, covered, at 30% ( medium low ) 2 minutes. Pour off pan juices.
6. Peel banana; halve crosswise. Add squash rings and banana to baking dish. Drizzle with syrup mixture. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave at 30% ( medium low ) 5 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with orange slices.