- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Zucchini Recipe
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Light stock||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 155.8 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 127.6%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut unpeeled zucchini into quarters along the length.
2) Slice each quarter into 2-inch pieces.
3) In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch the zucchini slices for about 3 minutes. Drain water.
4) In a shallow saucepan, add zucchini with butter.
5) Sprinkle salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
6) Pour in light stock and gently simmer by covering, to evaporate the liquid and to glaze the zucchini.
7) Serve glazed zucchini hot with croquettes and rice.