- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Strawberry Dessert Recipe
|Fresh strawberries||7 Cup (112 tbs) (Divided)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fresh mint||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.63 g0.96%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.8 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 201%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In an electric blender place water and strawberries. Puree for a smooth paste.
2. In a saucepan pour the pureed ingredients.
3. Boil over medium heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Strain away the extra liquid. Store it in another bowl and discard the pulp.
5. Pour the liquid to the pan.
6. In a small bowl add cinnamon, cornstarch and sugar. Combine the strawberry liquid and stir to get a smooth mixture.
7. Boil to get a smooth mixture. Cook till the mixture thickens. Stir constantly.
8. In a dessert dish place 1 cup of strawberry mixture. Add sauce as a topping and chill the mixture.
9. Serve glazed strawberry dessert garnished with fresh mint.