- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Roasted Leg of Lamb Recipe
|Leg lamb||5 Pound|
|Crumbled dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dijon or German style)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Softened butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cold, homemade or undiluted canned)|
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198 mg
Sodium 490.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 55 g110.9%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 8% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350F
2)Take the Leg of the Lamb and rub it with a mixture of basil, salt and pepper.
3) In a shallow, roasting pan place the lamb on the rack.
4) Roast the lamb till the meat thermometer reads a temperature of 150F. It should take about 20 minutes for each pound.
5) In a bowl, mix together mustard, honey and soft butter. Rub this over the meat about 20 minutes before the meat finishes roasting.
6) Turn the oven temperature to 400F. Continue roasting the meat for about 20 minutes till it gets a glaze on top. Keep basting the meat with the dripping every few minutes.
7) Meanwhile, transfer the roasted meat onto the serving platter. Place the pan on direct flame.
8) Pour in a cup of the cold consomme into the pan. Cook over a low flame while scraping the bottom of the pan. Allow the mixture to boil.
9)Transfer the sauce into a small serving bowl.
10) Serve the Glazed Roasted Leg Of Lamb with baked potatoes around the serving plate. Serve the meat sauce on the side.