- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Pork Buttermilk Loaf Recipe
|Finely diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornbread stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Ready-Mix From An 8-Ounce Package)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grenadine syrup||2 Tablespoon (Use Bottled Syrup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4342 Calories from Fat 2172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 244 g375.8%
Saturated Fat 100.3 g501.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 822.3 mg
Sodium 1835.6 mg76.5%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.3%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.8%
Sugars 83.7 g
Protein 296 g592.7%
Vitamin A 34.2% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 84.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add pork, ham, egg and buttermilk; mix lightly until thoroughly blended. Press mixture firmly into a 9x5x3-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour; remove from oven, but leave heat on.
4. Pour all juices from pan. Loosen the loaf around the edges with a knife, then invert it into a shallow baking pan.
5. Combine jelly and grenadine syrup in a small saucepan; bring slowly to boiling, then simmer 1 minute. Spoon part over loaf; return to oven.
6. Bake, spooning remaining jelly mixture over loaf, 30 minutes, or until richly glazed.
7. Place loaf on a heated serving platter. Garnish with apple slices and watercress, if you wish. Cut loaf into thick slices.