- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Ham Loaves Recipe
|Cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Saltine crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs), finley crushed|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.6 mg
Sodium 627.4 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°c).
2. Take a large baking tray and grease it properly with oil, butter or margarine.
3. For the glaze, mix the catsup and brown sugar in a bowl.
4. In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients properly apart from catsup and brown sugar. 5. Make 10 portions of the mixture and shape it into medium sized loaves (approximately a 5x2x2-inch loaf).
6. Nicely arrange the loaves on the prepared pan and bake in the preheated for 30 minutes.
7. Pour the glaze over the ham loaves and bake for 15 minutes more.
8. Remove and rest a few minute before serving and put the leftover sauce from the pan into a sauceboat to be served on the table.
9. Serve hot with the sauce and grain mustard sauce if preferred.
10. Grilled vegetables, crisp salad, sun dried tomatoes aubergine pickle can be some great accompaniments.