- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soda Glazed Ham Recipe Video
|Ham||7 1⁄2 (1, Wegmans Brown Sugar Cured Bone-In Half)|
|Flavored soda||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided (Wegmans Dr W)|
|Cherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried and sweetened (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
Calories 550 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 189.3 mg63.1%
Sodium 211.9 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 40.8 g
Protein 60 g120.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take a pan and place ham cut side down in it.
3. Pour 1 1/2 cups Dr W over the ham, add dried cherries and 2 cups water to liquid.
4. Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, 20 min, basting occasionally.
To prepare the glaze:
5. In a medium saucepan pour remaining 1 1/2 cups Dr W.
6. Whisk in brown sugar, mustard and cider vinegar and bring to a simmer on medium.
7. Cook, whisking often, about 30 min, until liquid is reduced to one half of original volume and glaze is thick enough to coat back of a spoon.
8. Set aside reserving 1/2 cup.
9. Transfer cooked ham to cutting board reserving pan juices and cherries.
10. Increase oven temp to 450 degrees.
11. Return ham to pan and baste with glaze.
12. Bake ham, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
13. Return reserved 1/2 cup glaze to saucepan.
14. Add pan juices and cherries and bring to simmer on medium.
15. In a small bowl blend cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water together.
16. Whisk cornstarch mixture into sauce, cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened and transfer to a serving vessel.
17. Transfer ham to serving platter and serve with warm sauce.