- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Doughnut Puffs Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.7 mg
Sodium 490.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 70.7 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 0.23%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add butter and sugar to beat into a light and fluffy cream.
2) In another bowl, beat in eggs.
3) Separately sift in all the dry ingredients and add to the cream by alternating with milk.
4) Allow chilling the mixture inside refrigerator.
5) In a skillet, place deep fat to heat up at 375°F.
6) Using a rounded tablespoon, drop the batter into hot fat one by one.
7) Fry the doughnuts on both the surface until it becomes brown and completely risen.
8) Transfer on paper towels to drain extra oil.
9) In another bowl, add corn syrup, rum, confectioners' sugar and hot water to prepare a thin glaze.
10) Dip the doughnuts in the warm glaze and allow setting the glaze before serving.