- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Cornish Game Hens Recipe Video
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Herbs de provence||5 Tablespoon|
|For maple mustard cherry glaze|
|Bordeaux mustard||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black cherry juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 901 Calories from Fat 414
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 285.7 mg
Sodium 816.1 mg34%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 92 g184.9%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 968.5%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 43.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit
2. Stuff each hen with a whole onion.
3. In a bowl, mix the olive oil and herbs de provence and brush the game hens with this mix.
4. Next, season with salt and pepper.
5. Pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and baste the chickens.
7. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees fahrenheit and return the chicken to the oven for 10 more minutes.
8. For Maple-Mustard cherry Glaze: In a pan, heat the spicy mustard, maple syrup and black cherry juice and bring to boil and stir. Reduce to half.
9. Pour the maple-mustard sauce over the chicken.
10. Plate and serve the chicken as main course.