- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Cinnamon Twist Recipe
|For the dough|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 0.25 Ounce Each)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Sifted all purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted 10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4649 Calories from Fat 1368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g239.3%
Saturated Fat 91.7 g458.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 793.1 mg
Sodium 2187.4 mg91.1%
Total Carbohydrates 727 g242.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.2 g100.6%
Sugars 236.2 g
Protein 90 g179.6%
Vitamin A 95.9% Vitamin C 0.7%
Calcium 49.2% Iron 189.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, scald milk stirring in butter or margarine, sugar and salt. Once all the ingredients are dissolved, take out from heat and allow to cool till lukewarm
2. In a large bowl, put moderately hot water and sprinkle yeast. Stir till all the yeast is dissolved. Stir in the above milk mixture and add the eggs.
3. Add half the flour and stir in vigorously till it the dough becomes smooth.
4. Add the remaining flour in portion to form a smooth dough that does not stick to the edges of the bowl.
5. On a floured pastry cloth or board, take the ball of dough and knead for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle flour constantly on the board so that the dough does not stick to the board
6. In a large bowl, greased with shortening lightly, place the ball of dough and cover with clean towel. Keep aside in a warm place for about 50 minutes or until the dough doubles in bulk.
7. Once risen, punch the dough down and roll out into a floured pastry cloth. This makes the basic sweet dough
8. Roll 1/3 a basic sweet dough into rectangle, 10 x 16. Spread with butter or margarine, Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon evenly on the surface.
9. Fold one long side to center. Fold other long side over, forming 3 layers. Enclose and seal the edges.
10. Place on buttered baking sheet. Cut lengthwise through middle to within 1 inch of one end. Twist strips around each other to form braids and seal the ends.
11. Make oval with braid; join ends. Seal using fingers to press firmly.
12. Turn half of oval over to make a figure 8.
13. Cover with a clean towel and store in a warm place. Allow the cinnamon roll to rise for 30 minutes or to double in size or bulk.
14. In an oven at 350 Deg F, bake the rolls for 20 to 25 minutes till surface turns brown. Once down, remove from the oven.
15. Cool on the wire rack or kitchen table.
16. Prepare a glaze by mixing icing sugar with water. Drizzle this over the warm cinnamon braid.
17. Serve with hot and coffee for morning breakfast or evening