- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Carrots And Brussels Sprouts Recipe
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Frozen brussels sprouts||20 Ounce (2 Packages Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Condensed consomme||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Campbell'S)|
|Apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs||3 , chopped|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 730.8 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 390.4% Vitamin C 156.5%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan add carrots and cover with cold water.
2. Cook then until tender crisp.
3. Remove carrots with a slotted spoon into a colander, drain and keep hot.
4. To the boiling water in which carrots were cooked, boil the Brussel sprouts until tender -crisp.
5. Drain and combine with the carrots.
6. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
7. Add the onion to it and sautÃ© until soft.
8. Tip in consommÃ© and stir in the apple juice, lemon juice and seasonings.
9. Bring to a boil, stirring.
10. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until thick.
11. Add the vegetables and cook
12. Dish out into individual bowls and garnish with parsley.