- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glazed Almond Cookies Recipe
|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Blanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped and blanched|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Cake flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Whole almonds||2 Tablespoon (Unblanched, For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4726 Calories from Fat 2246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 257 g395.9%
Saturated Fat 122.5 g612.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 805.3 mg
Sodium 1101.7 mg45.9%
Total Carbohydrates 544 g181.4%
Dietary Fiber 56.2 g224.8%
Sugars 205.9 g
Protein 92 g184.9%
Vitamin A 119.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 69.5% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Take a bowl, mix the sugar and butter, creaming them together until they turn fluffy and light.
3) Add the vanilla, almond extract and the eggs one by one, beating them well after adding each.
4) Add the chopped nuts, stirring them in.
5) Add the flour along with salt by sifting them together and combine properly.
6) Refrigerate for 1 hour approximately.
7) Fashion dough into small sized balls and dip them into egg whites that have not been beaten.
8) Take a cookie tray and butter it placing the balls on it.
9) Add an almond to each cookie, pressing it in.
10) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes approximately.
11) Serve as required.