- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Giorgio Foods Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||3 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||4 , chopped|
|Canned brandywine mushroom/Giorgio /penn dutch pieces and stems mushrooms||16 Ounce, drained, broth reserved (4 cans, 4-ounce each)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh basil||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Bread cubes/Unseasoned stuffing mix - 2 packages (8-ounces each)||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1545 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.1%
Saturated Fat 31.3 g156.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 3576.7 mg149%
Total Carbohydrates 222 g74.1%
Dietary Fiber 24.5 g98%
Sugars 41.5 g
Protein 43 g85.5%
Vitamin A 78.6% Vitamin C 128.5%
Calcium 70.8% Iron 75.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large skillet, melt butter and saute onions, celery and mushrooms and cook adding garlic, parsley and basil and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. In a bowl combine bread cubes and mushrooms.
3. Heat reserved broth and add to bread cubes as needed.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. If desired cover and bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes.
6. Use to stuff turkey, chicken or pork chops or have it.